American Red Cross Babysitter Training
- This event has passed.
WHAT: BraveHeart, Inc. – A Licensed Training Provider for the American Red Cross – will teach the course, which includes information on:
- Leadership, decision-making, and the business of babysitting
- Safety, safe toys and play, behavior issues and how to deal with them
- Basic child care, including holding, feeding, diapering and caring for infants and young children
- Common first aid situations, and how to care for burns, bleeding, bee stings and more
- Recognizing emergencies, when to call 911, techniques for choking
- Intro/practice CPR and much more!
ADVANCED CLASS: Additional First Aid/CPR topics include:
- Obtaining consent; Good Samaritan Laws
- When/how to move an injured person; recovery position
- Modified CPR; obstructed airway of an unresponsive person
- Cardiac Chain of Survival; CPR; AED
- Sudden illnesses, including diabetic emergencies, seizures, allergic reactions, asthma
- Signals of heat- and cold-related emergencies
HOW: EMAIL student’s name, grade, school, & parent’s name, phone, email to sign up; indicate date & location of the class you want: babysittertraining100@gmai
Please BRING PAYMENT TO CLASS. A reminder email with all of the details will be sent a few days before the class. You may also call/text 303-946-4364, or sign up online: www.redcrosstrainingclasse
Please bring cash or check ($85 payable to BraveHeart) with you TO CLASS. Please bring sack lunch, snacks & water. * Adv. certification class = $65 Please bring payment, snack and water.